KUCERA has advised Schoofs Immobilien GmbH on the sale of eight supermarkets. The retail properties with the main tenants REWE, Penny and Aldi markets are located in Hesse, Bavaria, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland. Read more… KUCERA partner Jens Koch (Real Estate) was the lead partner. KUCERA partner Isabel Tannenberg (Tax) advised on tax law.Read more
References & Clients
KUCERA advised VR Bank Main-Kinzig-Büdingen eG on the sale of the Central Tower Eschborn (formerly “Opelturm”). The building, erected in 1993, is located at Frankfurter Straße 92 in Eschborn and has a total lettable area of 4,330 m². The largest tenant of the property is a newly opened Rewe market. Read more… KUCERA partners Oliver […]Read more
KUCERA advised alstria office REIT-AG on the acquisition of “SOLIS”, a property in Frankfurt’s Eastend (Hanauer Landstraße 161-173). The property is located in the immediate vicinity of the new ECB headquarter and was acquired from a group of private investors. This is the first acquisition in which alstria office REIT-AG relies on KUCERA’s advice on […]Read more
KUCERA advised Nuveen Real Estate on the acquisition of the EDGE Grand Central Berlin by way of a share deal (purchase of the remainder of shares). The office building EDGE Grand Central Berlin is located in the Europacity next to Berlin’s main railway station and comprises approx. 20,000 m² of rental space. The property is […]Read more
KUCERA advised Arminius on the purchase of the Frankfurt office complex Grand Campus. The office property, which was built in 2001, is located at Mainzer Landstraße 151-157, Frankfurt/Main, and comprises four buildings with a total of 60,800 m² rental space, which are leased to Commerzbank AG on a long-term basis. Read more… KUCERA partners Oliver […]Read more
KUCERA advised the Arminius Group on the acquisition of the new office building “EhrenWert”. The building, located at Grüner Weg in Cologne-Ehrenfeld, with 10,100 m² rental space and 120 parking spaces is scheduled for completion at the end of 2021. The long-term tenant is the main customs office in Cologne. Read more… KUCERA partners Oliver […]Read more
KUCERA advised the Deutsche Hospitality on the conclusion of the lease agreement for the Zleep Hotel Hannover. The hotel is expected to open in 2022 in the district of Groß-Buchholz. It will have five floors, 124 rooms in Nordic design, a lounge with Hygge-flair, integrated reception, lobby, breakfast and bar area. The investment volume is […]Read more
Are you in the business of holding, structuring or managing real estate portfolios? Or are you a user of commercial properties? We have the right legal solutions for you.
We advise companies from the real estate industry such as investors, property developers and managers as well as property users. More specifically, these include: investment managers, portfolio managers, asset managers, property managers, facility managers, building contractors, banks, insurance companies, private equity funds and family offices, trusts, loan servicers, hotel & leisure entities as well as lessees of commercial properties..
Real estate investors / financial institutions
We advise investors in connection with real estate investments, in particular regulated investors such as funds, banks and insurance companies, as well as private equity companies and family offices. We also act for winding-up vehicles (bad banks) and special servicers.
KUCERA possesses many years of experience in providing legal advice in the fields of real estate financing and refinancing as well as restructuring of real estate portfolios in crisis.
- Identifying potential risks of investment decision
- Structuring of investment funds giving regard to the special regulatory requirements
- Advising on and establishing corporate law structures
- Optimising investment structures, in particular in terms of tax law aspects
- Sale and realisation of loan receivables together with collateral in real estate financing and refinancing measures
- Non-performing loan situations, particularly in the case of insolvencies, foreclosures and receiverships
Real estate managers / investment managers
We provide investment managers with ongoing legal advice relating to their management of assets of private and institutional investors in the investment class “real estate”.
In this regard, our advisory relates to tax structuring and optimisation of investments, regulatory issues and the establishment of efficient corporate law structures. We escort foreign investors entering the German real estate market.
- Advising on optimised acquisition structures
- Establishment of fund structures
- Review of regulatory issues
We advise real estate managers on managing existing properties with a view to preserving and increasing their value. Our advisory activity relates to all factors that can increase or stabilise the earnings strength of the property. That particularly includes conclusion of new lease agreements or conclusion of contracts with service providers relating to the property.
- Drafting and negotiating lease agreements and amendments to lease agreements
- Advising in connection with all legal issues that may arise in the course of the lease relationship, e.g. with operating cost invoices or questions relating to the differences between the obligations of lessor and lessee in the area of preventative and corrective maintenance as well as basic repairs
- Service agreements relating to the property, such as asset management, facility management or broker agreements
- Advising on lessor or lessee insolvencies
- Acting as counsel in litigation, representation in court
KUCERA provides ongoing advice on the development and realisation of real estate projects. We are involved in all phases of a project development transaction, starting with the feasibility study and financial viability review right through to the realisation and commercialisation of the project through sale, lease and management. Our advisory also includes ensuring legal certainty through the project’s documentation, making it clear and comprehensible to both commercial and technical staff.
- Founding and managing property companies
- Joint venture agreements
- Drafting agreements with parties involved in construction, particularly with general planners, project managers, architects and engineers, as well as with building contractors
- Drafting loan agreements for bridge financing
- Purchasing and securing project properties
- Urban development contracts, public services and infrastructure development contracts
- Project documentation, preparation and ongoing advice on due diligence and Q&A processes (sell side legal due diligence)
Real estate users
We advise operators of commercial properties, particularly with regard to concluding and amending lease agreements for retail space as well as the acquisition of properties as part of site expansions.
- Lease agreements, primarily in the retail sector
- Legal advise in connection with site development
- Contracts for services and work as well as property-related service agreements
KUCERA is one of the few law firms in Germany with a strong and long-standing practice in the hotel area. Our clients include reputed hotel operators, hotel project developers and hotel investors.
- Advising on lease agreements
- Management and franchise agreements
- Acquisition and sale of properties
- Takeover of existing hotel businesses
- Reservation and contingent contracts as well as marketing agreements
- Service agreements (outsourcing)
- Restructuring and takeovers as well as developing and implementing exit strategies for distressed properties
- Advising prior to legal disputes with a view to dispute avoidance
- Representing the interests of our clients before the courts and arbitration tribunals
- Enforcement of creditor rights in insolvency proceedings