KUCERA advised Coreo on the purchase of a logistics property. The property in Delmenhorst was acquired through a wholly owned subsidiary with a total leasable area of approximately 29,900 m². In addition, 190 parking spaces are available on the approx. 54,700 m² property. The property, which is let to several parties, is to remain in […]Read more
References & Clients
KUCERA advised Coreo AG on the acquisition of a residential portfolio with approximately 1,340 residential units, spread over 27 locations in North Rhine-Westphalia, Berlin, Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. The purchase was carried out in a share deal via the acquisition of an 89.9% stake. The overall portfolio has a total leasable area of around […]Read more
KUCERA advised Coreo on the purchase of two production sites and administrative buildings of a German automotive supplier listed on the stock exchange. The properties, located in Baden-Württemberg, North Rhine-Westphalia and Thuringia, have a total leasable area of approximately 14,400 m². The majority of approximately 10,700 m² is used for production. Read more… Responsible was […]Read more
Albert Steigenberger opened the first Steigenberger Hotel in the Europäischer Hof in Baden-Baden in 1930. This laid the foundation for a hotel group that today operates 160 hotels on three continents under the umbrella brand Deutsche Hospitality. The hotel property with its 180-year history is currently under construction. The luxury hotel is expected to reopen […]Read more
KUCERA advised the Staycity Group on the lease agreement for the Heidelberg hotel at Speyerer Straße 9. The hotel is part of Commerz Real’s Hausinvest portfolio and was reopened at the end of May. It has 300 rooms and is located not far from the main railway station and the congress centre, which is currently […]Read more
KUCERA advised Union Institutional Property GmbH on the purchase of the headquarters of OstseeSparkasse (Ospa). The sale took the form of an asset deal for the special fund “German Small Asset Invest II”. The property, built in 2000, is located on Am Vögenteich in Rostock’s city centre and comprises around 19,000 m² of gross floor […]Read more
The French hotel group B&B Hotels and its German company B&B Hotels Germany GmbH have acquired the hotel portfolio of the Starnberg hotel chain Leto Motels by way of an asset deal. The five economy hotels acquired include four existing properties in Munich and Nuremberg as well as a hotel project under construction in Augsburg. […]Read more
Are you in the business of holding, structuring or managing real estate portfolios? Or are you a user of commercial properties? We have the right legal solutions for you.
We advise companies from the real estate industry such as investors, property developers and managers as well as property users. More specifically, these include: investment managers, portfolio managers, asset managers, property managers, facility managers, building contractors, banks, insurance companies, private equity funds and family offices, trusts, loan servicers, hotel & leisure entities as well as lessees of commercial properties..
Real estate investors / financial institutions
We advise investors in connection with real estate investments, in particular regulated investors such as funds, banks and insurance companies, as well as private equity companies and family offices. We also act for winding-up vehicles (bad banks) and special servicers.
KUCERA possesses many years of experience in providing legal advice in the fields of real estate financing and refinancing as well as restructuring of real estate portfolios in crisis.
- Identifying potential risks of investment decision
- Structuring of investment funds giving regard to the special regulatory requirements
- Advising on and establishing corporate law structures
- Optimising investment structures, in particular in terms of tax law aspects
- Sale and realisation of loan receivables together with collateral in real estate financing and refinancing measures
- Non-performing loan situations, particularly in the case of insolvencies, foreclosures and receiverships
Real estate managers / investment managers
We provide investment managers with ongoing legal advice relating to their management of assets of private and institutional investors in the investment class “real estate”.
In this regard, our advisory relates to tax structuring and optimisation of investments, regulatory issues and the establishment of efficient corporate law structures. We escort foreign investors entering the German real estate market.
- Advising on optimised acquisition structures
- Establishment of fund structures
- Review of regulatory issues
We advise real estate managers on managing existing properties with a view to preserving and increasing their value. Our advisory activity relates to all factors that can increase or stabilise the earnings strength of the property. That particularly includes conclusion of new lease agreements or conclusion of contracts with service providers relating to the property.
- Drafting and negotiating lease agreements and amendments to lease agreements
- Advising in connection with all legal issues that may arise in the course of the lease relationship, e.g. with operating cost invoices or questions relating to the differences between the obligations of lessor and lessee in the area of preventative and corrective maintenance as well as basic repairs
- Service agreements relating to the property, such as asset management, facility management or broker agreements
- Advising on lessor or lessee insolvencies
- Acting as counsel in litigation, representation in court
KUCERA provides ongoing advice on the development and realisation of real estate projects. We are involved in all phases of a project development transaction, starting with the feasibility study and financial viability review right through to the realisation and commercialisation of the project through sale, lease and management. Our advisory also includes ensuring legal certainty through the project’s documentation, making it clear and comprehensible to both commercial and technical staff.
- Founding and managing property companies
- Joint venture agreements
- Drafting agreements with parties involved in construction, particularly with general planners, project managers, architects and engineers, as well as with building contractors
- Drafting loan agreements for bridge financing
- Purchasing and securing project properties
- Urban development contracts, public services and infrastructure development contracts
- Project documentation, preparation and ongoing advice on due diligence and Q&A processes (sell side legal due diligence)
Real estate users
We advise operators of commercial properties, particularly with regard to concluding and amending lease agreements for retail space as well as the acquisition of properties as part of site expansions.
- Lease agreements, primarily in the retail sector
- Legal advise in connection with site development
- Contracts for services and work as well as property-related service agreements
KUCERA is one of the few law firms in Germany with a strong and long-standing practice in the hotel area. Our clients include reputed hotel operators, hotel project developers and hotel investors.
- Advising on lease agreements
- Management and franchise agreements
- Acquisition and sale of properties
- Takeover of existing hotel businesses
- Reservation and contingent contracts as well as marketing agreements
- Service agreements (outsourcing)
- Restructuring and takeovers as well as developing and implementing exit strategies for distressed properties
- Advising prior to legal disputes with a view to dispute avoidance
- Representing the interests of our clients before the courts and arbitration tribunals
- Enforcement of creditor rights in insolvency proceedings